Information on Drugs, Alcohol, and Interventions in Washington D.C.
Washington D.C., our nation’s capital, has long been plagued by a variety of drug problems. The city’s large international population provides a cover for ethnic drug trafficking groups from around the world. The suburbs, as well as the states, surrounding the D.C. area, provide traffickers a steady supply of customers. Alongside the intense drug-trafficking subculture, Washington D.C. has a strong history of violence. Most notably, the violence associated with crack cocaine distribution. Despite being our nation’s capital with the high rate of drug abuse, treatment options in Washington D.C. is few and far-between. Many residents are forced to seek treatment out of the area.
We specialize in building a plan that not only helps the addict heal but the family as well. As a company founded by a family who has struggled with substance abuse, we know what it is like to have a major rift within the household that comes from drugs and alcohol. Due our passion and drive for success, we have become the largest intervention service provider in North America, providing around 400 successful interventions per year.
Washington D.C. Drug Facts:
- Crack/cocaine, heroin, and marijuana are the most significant drug problems in Washington, DC.
- Marijuana is the most widely abused drug in D.C.
- The drug-induced death rate in Washington D.C. is higher than the national average.
- C. has one of the highest binge-drinking percentages compared to the rest of the country.
- The average age group for binge-drinkers is between the ages of 18-34 and 65+.
- In the club/party scene, drugs such as MDMA, Ketamine, and other hallucinogenic drugs are used at high levels.
Why Choose Intervention Services USA for Drug or Alcohol Interventions?
Before we host an intervention on a loved one, our interventionists train and educate the family on addiction, aftercare, and create the most successful plan. We call this day “Family Day” to help unify and create a cohesive support system. This strategy has been shown to give families the highest long-term success rate and has made us the #1 intervention service provider in the country. To talk to one of our experienced intervention coordinators, give us a call.