Information on Drugs, Alcohol and Interventions in Washington
When thinking about an alcohol or drug intervention in Washington, it is helpful to understand the predominance of the various drugs and their activities within the state. Situated in the Pacific Northwest region of the U.S., and well known for its “hippie” culture, Washington is home to Seattle, the “grunge rock” capital of the world. Best known for the band Nirvana, its enigmatic frontman Kurt Cobain was known to suffer from heroin addiction, and at the height of the band’s popularity, consequently committed suicide at the age of 27. Washington is no stranger to the horrors of drug and alcohol addiction. Sharing a border with Canada, Washington is a transshipment point for drugs and monies entering Canada, as well as Canadian pseudoephedrine, Canadian marijuana (BC Bud), and other drugs entering the United States. Washington has severe clandestine methamphetamine laboratory problems. Mexican National poly-drug organizations dominate the drug trade and many have added MDMA as a drug they can now supply. The greater Yakima Valley is home to large scale poly-drug trafficking organizations responsible for the distribution of drugs throughout the United States.
We provide professional interventionist help to people all across the state of Washington, including areas such as Everett, Kennewick, Olympia, Seattle, Spokane, Tacoma, Walla Walla, Yakima and more.
Contact us today for more information about successful intervention practices in Washington.
Cocaine and crack cocaine are readily available. Crack cocaine is largely limited to inner city areas. Cocaine is consumed in the state and smuggled into Canada for redistribution, where it commands a higher price than in the United States. According to a recent Royal Canadian Mounted Police report, up to 24 tons of cocaine enter Canada each year. BC Bud marijuana from British Columbia, Canada is sold or traded in the United States for cocaine to be sold in Canada.
Mexican black tar and brown heroin are the primary types of heroin found throughout Washington. Mexican poly-drug trafficking organizations remain the primary source of black tar heroin in Washington. Heroin is smuggled from Mexico to Washington by a variety of methods, including vehicles equipped with concealed compartments.
Methamphetamine is one of the most widely abused controlled substances in Washington. Two “varieties” are generally encountered; Mexican methamphetamine, which is either manufactured locally or obtained from sources in Mexico, California, or other Southwest Border States, and methamphetamine which is produced locally by area violators. Of the two types, Mexican methamphetamine continues to flood the market. Methamphetamine is available in multi-kilogram amounts throughout the state. Canadian pseudoephedrine, utilized in the manufacture of methamphetamine, is frequently seized at clandestine laboratory sites. Washington State continues to see an influx of crystal “ice” methamphetamine.
Substance Abuse in Washington by Age
- An estimated 32,000 of the individuals with an illicit drug addiction or drug abuse problem in Washington over a one year period were between the ages of 12-17 years old.
- An estimated 69,000 of the individuals with an illicit drug addiction or drug abuse problem in Washington over a one year period were between the ages of 18-25 years old.
- An estimated 64,000 of the individuals with an illicit drug addiction or drug abuse problem in Washington over a one year period were 26 or older.
- An estimated 32,000 of illicit drug users other than marijuana users in Washington over a one month period were between the ages of 12-17 years old.
- An estimated 64,000 of illicit drug users other than marijuana users in Washington over a one month period were between the ages of 18-25 years old.
- An estimated 115,000 of illicit drug users other than marijuana users in Washington over a one month period were 26 or older. o An estimated 71,000 of the illicit drug users in Washington were between the ages of 12-17 years old.
- An estimated 161,000 of the illicit drug users in Washington were between the ages of 18-25 years old.
- An estimated 266,000 of the illicit drug users in Washington were 26 or older.
Drug or Alcohol Rehabs in Washington
Surprisingly, considering the wide-spread severity of the problem, the options for drug rehabs in Washington are few. Many state residents are forced to seek treatment out of state
Let our intervention specialists help to guide you in choosing the best treatment solution for your loved one..
Drug or Alcohol Interventions in Washington
It is not uncommon for someone seeking an interventionist to want to limit their choices to an interventionist in Washington. Granted, a Washington intervention service might be “right around the corner”, and you could possibly save on the cost of a flight. But consider that Intervention Services is the largest intervention service provider in North America, delivering 6-10 successful interventions per week. A therapist in Washington who has provided counseling to addicts and alcoholics is not necessarily an expert in the field of drug and alcohol interventions. Call now to speak to one of our qualified substance abuse counselors and interventionist specialists and understand the difference.